09 November 2010

Diwali - Festival of Lights


On 5th of Nov, Hindus from all over the world celebrate this auspicious day, also known as festival of lights.

Hindus regard this day as victory of good over evil, a symbol of good luck in the coming years. This day, usually marks the end of 'red chip' in our mind, which consists of anger, jealousy, lust, and other negative traits.

For me, this day has always been a very important day for our family gathering. During the Diwali eve, we would have a big gathering in my grandmothers house, and you can guess it. Its then fun-filled with laughter and joy.

We would gossip, chit-chat and then DANCE!! My cousies and I used to organize activities such as quizzes, games, etc, but we stopped it due to unavoidable circumstances.
=p

I always look forward to this day of the year, because this is the only day my totally busy cousins would gather! And boy, whenever I m back in UTM, I do miss them a lot!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment